Our original goal with this project was to simply take the original game and improve upon it. We had planned to improve game mechanics, add a few new missions, and improve visuals. But as work progressed we began to realize that our original plan wasn’t bold enough. Our first game from this new studio had to be something we were immensely proud of.
So here we are just over a year later from when we started and we are nearing the finish line and I wanted to share with you what we’ve done.
People have asked us what’s new about this game. Well the more appropriate question should be what isn’t new? Some ships, textures,and the game engine is about all that remains from the original game.
Here’s a list of game improvements / new features:
1) Every single mission (of which there are now 21) is brand new.
2) The flight physics has been completely reworked.
3) Environments have been revamped.
4) Visual FX has been greatly improved.
5) All new VO (featuring a fantastic cast) has been recorded to accompany the new missions.
6) All new music and sound FX greatly enhance the aural experience.
7) All new game mechanics including sub-system management, sub-system targeting, wingmen orders, and missile multi-lock.
8) All new pilotable ship fully integrated into the campaign.
9) Mission branching! Yes, some missions change based on events that happened in previous missions.
10) AI has been drastically improved!
And really so much more. Every aspect of the game has been either reworked, improved, or completely changed. We hope to share a video showcasing some of these improvements in the weeks to come!